Sunday, August 18, 2013

Vegan Cakes

We've celebrated my husband's retirement last month at Nautica downtown Norfolk.

I ALMOST ordered cupcakes from a local bakery but figure we won't be able to eat non-vegan cakes and it would cost a lot more than I invest my time and purchase own ingredients to make them.

So I searched vegan cupcake and cake recipes here and there, I don't have list of sites where I've got all the recipes from anymore...but all the cupcakes and the cake both came out pretty good!

If we don't have internet, I don't think I could become a vegan at all! That's how much I depend on internet to search everyday meal's recipe as well as special occasions.

Anyways, I made vegan yellow cake, coconuts cupcake with pina colada frosting from sticky fingers cookbook, chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting.

Coconuts cupcake's recipe was from Chef Chloe. I bake just cupcake part and it is enough yumminess and people love them! I like how fluffy the cake part comes out.

Here is the cookbook, I've got pina colada frosting recipe from. It was a huge hit!


I've noticed the other day at our local Whole Foods Market, carries her cupcakes! I should try them soon!

Virginia Beach Whole Foods Market now has 6" Vegan Oreo Cake available for $17.99 as well.

Yes, Vegan shouldn't have to be all that healthy.... lol

Okay, I made plenty cupcakes ready since we weren't really sure how many guests actually come to the reception. So I made cake part a day before....


and frost and decorate them next day which was a day before the ceremony.


This peach filling was amazing!


Voila!  with an edible sheet on top. :)

I ordered these anchors from Etsy as well.





I tasted a bit of every frosting before actually decorated them on the cupcakes. Just a little bit of each but it was enough to give me SUGAR high!

Yes, sugar (regular sugar and powder sugar) for vegan is a bit controversy...but I used it since all the vegan recipes call for 'sugar' or 'powder sugar'.  

I could tell sugar was affecting me! Even after midnight I've got going until I've got done with my own satisfaction. 

I was lucky enough to get a few hours of sleep before we left! 

No comments:

Post a Comment