Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Vegan in Virginia Beach, VA

As a resident of Virginia Beach, I WISH we had more vegan restaurants to go to, but we do have a quiet variety of restaurants who serves vegan options. 

So I listed some my favorite/go to restaurants and what I order every restaurant on this page. 


However, don't you ever wonder what is the item on the menu look like? So I looked back some of my Instagram pics and added some pictures, if there is no pictures but title of a food item, that is a link to my Instagram page. 

Links on every name of restaurants are directly to their Yelp page, so refer them as you wish.  


Fellow vegans, enjoy Virginia Beach!!


**************************************************************************

First and most "plant-based" restaurant we can think of in this area is Fruitive, of course. 

Fruitive was the first 100% plant based organic restaurant in Hampton Road. 

As a vegan, the best part being Fruitive is that I can choose whatever I want, and I don't have to worry whether if the menu item is vegan or not.  


My second go to restaurant is Baladi Mediterranean Cafe

Baladi actually located in the same shopping area as Fruitive. 

Their customer service is always good! Good thing is that they serves dinner as well. ;)

Their menu is pretty easy to navigate, GF(Gluten Free), red V(vegetarian) and green V (vegan) to distinct from others. They also serves meat and seafood as well, so if you are meeting someone is not vegan, they might like Baladi.




Lentil Cake

Masala Bites in Red Mill Commons is pretty good with Vegan as well. 

Unfortunately, their naan is not vegan but this cauliflower dish is really good! I can almost have only this dish and rice to go with it. Okla curry and Eggplant curry, both were really good too but a bit oily, so if you are staying away from anything with oil, I would not recommend it. 




Gobhi Manchurian/ Cauliflower Florets, Soy-Tomato Glaze

Pahadi Baingan/ Eggplant, Herbs, Sesame, Garlic, Onions, Tomatoes And Spices


Pho79 located so conveniently, right next to Trader Joe's in Hill Top area. I liked this place even when I was not a vegan.  So glad to see they have many options to make them into vegan. I asked them to make Bah Mi with Tofu. Forgot to ask them eliminated cheese, so I had to get rid of it myself, but if I can bring my own vegan mayo, would have been perfect! 




Bah Mi





Vegetarian Pho with fried tofu (Vegan? Vegetarian for sure)

Vietnam Garden is an another option for us too. 

<Landstown Commons>


Peter Cheng is one of the gem! A little more sophisticated Chinese than regular Chinese in neighborhood. 
  

I really like Zpizza 's whole wheat crust option. They can veganized most of their pizza! On Yelp, somehow it says this place is closed but I don't really think so. I will go and check that myself very soon. 


<Oceana Area>


Sushi Yama has a pretty good vegan option as well. It is not far from ocean front! 


Meadow  (Avocado, carrots and cucumber) was super good!



Jade Garden is for our family favorite Chinese take out! 
They even have online order system and pretty convenience. 



<Lynheaven Area>


Noodles&Company is right by Lynheaven Mall. When I am exhausted, I'd rather stop by and fuel myself. 


<More around Hill Top area>

More than Fruitive, Balad, and Pho79, Hill Top has Whole Foods Market on our back too. 


They also have vegan muffins, cupcakes, even vegan pizza, and more things are available. 

My Vegan Sweet Tooth just opened their door lately. 

AND  Green Cat (I believe they are vegan joint as well) is opening on May 23rd on its door at Ocean Front!!

Plus, lucky for us, every month, The Cruelty Free Kitchen host a dinner at various locations. Check their website for "upcoming events" page. Any profits made by CFK will be re-donated to the featured animal rights organization of the month! This month they are hosting....



Backyard Dinner Party
Featuring Live Music w/ Little Pants!!

WHEN & WHERE: Sunday, May 24th, 6:00 - 9:00pm @ 113 N. Oceana Blvd., Virginia Beach, VA 23454

PASSED HORS D'OEUVRES: sushi crepes with ume lime dipping sauce, charred shishito peppers w/ smoked sea salt, hot herb cheese puffs w/ homemade boursin...

SALADS: baby spinach and chevre salad, summer barley salad with preserved lemon and basil, pear and carmelized pecan salad w/ maple dijon vinnaigrette...

GRILLED: grilled vegetable skewers with orange coconut curry sauce, skewered filet of soul with lemon caper sauce, truffled setain skewers with duxelles...

SWEETS: miniature lemon cream tarts, individual cheesecakes with jellied peach jewels, strawberry mousse parfait...

BAR: sparkling holy basil apple shrub - with or without whiskey, summer white sangria, and home-brewed peach iced tea...


Does this sound delicious? or what? I am planning to heading over. Will see you there!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment