Monday, November 18, 2013

Vegan@Trader Joe's

I am so thankful that we have Trader Joe's near by. Without them, it won't be this easy for me to being Vegan at all.

These are some of things I buy from them...

I don't use "meat like product" often, but if I do I usually get them from here or frozen section. Needless to say, these are very good quality tofu! Their Vegan cheese is okay. At least, it doesn't contain "casein"(milk protein) but not the best vegan cheese.


I hated Tofu when I was growing up! However, this is one of our favorite dish these day!!



Vegan cream cheese and onion dip mix. 
This Vegan Cream Cheese is very useful! I mix it with their onion dip mix with a splash of almond milk to make a spread. I baked up savory pastries and my boys loved them. I rolled them up with baby spinach in crescent rolls and baked them for lunch today. 


Along with my chia seed pudding with cranberry sauce and some salad. 



I hated avocado when I was growing up as well. Now I cannot live without them. I remember first time I even tasted this green weirdo at my grand mom's house....with soy sauce and wasabi! Now that's one of my favorite too! Avocado used to be a fancy FRUIT back then and could not believe she dipped with SOY  SAUCE!! Well, what can I say... she was very different. I miss her!!

Anyhow.... get back to the topic. Trader Joe's chia seeds and coconuts oil are really good price for those quality products.

I found a few chia seed pudding recipes with different ratios. 2/3 cup (or little less) chia seeds, 2 cups of nuts milk and a little bit of agave. Mix well occasionally and refrigerate it until it gets firm.  I like it with some fruits or 'nata de coco!'

Haven't seen this cashew pieces for a while, but it is the best deal for raw cashew. Now they have cashew meal (powdered cashew nuts) they might not carry this kind any more...


I make Vegan alfred pasta, creamy soup or nacho cheese with it.

Alfred pasta

I add garlic and nutritional yeast, very similar recipe is on here. This dish is our family favorite instead of mac n' cheese. ;) 

Soup

Can't add a photo of my vegan nacho grande but it's on my Instagram page, http://instagram.com/p/dQlsniwiLd/ check this out. :) 

These refrigerated jumbo cinnamon rolls and crescent rolls are vegan. :)


Sorry for this disturbing portion of this photo!



Speaking of sweet vegan dreams this Brown Rice Marshmallow Treat is a real treat!! It's a completely vegan too. :)

On the left hand corner. Only a few box left! 

Have not seen this Meatless Meatball for a while and they told me that they are working on making improvement so it might take a little while until it gets back on the shelf but if you find them, I recommend you to pick them up! These little balls are amazingly good. I used it for my vegan lasagna and everyone loved it. Their mandarin chick'n and chickenless strips are pretty good. I use chicken less chicken strips for sandwich sometimes and boys really like them. We also like Vegetable Masala burger. Pizza flavor one is vegetarian and we didn't really care for other veggie burger...



I've grabbed two more bags of Turkeyless Turkey after the sample turkey dinner the other night, I figured we'll need more. 




This picture showing only half of one piece. I cut one piece into four pieces, this bag contains two pieces. It also comes with the delicious gravy and it is enough amount to go with my own mashed potatoes. Can't wait for Thanksgiving dinner already! 

This gluten free and Vegan pancake is our boys favorite for special breakfast for weekdays. The pumpkin butter uses honey but I allow myself to have a little bit of honey. I found a new word from a book to describe me as "beegan" ha!


These are something I look forward to, in the morning. This cinnamon sugar grinder is crazy good. So watch out, if you are trying to cut down sugar!!


These cookie butter items are dangerously good as well....One with cocoa swirl got hazel nuts in it. That kind of remind me of Nutella and and it might be even better....but not nutrition wise. It said on its label "contain wheat, soy & coconut" and also said "may contain traces of tree nuts, milk and eggs." I spotted emulsifier (addictive; might be made out of egg yolk or animal source) this may not be vegan from the start... :( 



This Fried Onion has a big V sign, I had to get it this afternoon and this rosemary cracker that I found on Instagram is Vegan as well. I cannot wait to try it!!


I love Trader Joe's not just because people are so friendly, their store and packages are so cute, they have plenty vegan stuff, they are affordable or small enough to get in and out in 15 mins. On top with all that I love them because their products do not use GMOs. I am completely against GMO products so I don't have to feel suspicious while I shop there. Thanks Trader Joe's!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment