Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Very Vegan Pumpkin Muffin Recipe

It's the time of a year for pumpkin everything. I started baking pumpkin muffins and I finally got satisfaction with my recipe to share with you all. 

Very Vegan Pumpkin Muffins


Makes regular size 12 muffins

Start preheating oven, set for 400F(200C)

Oil spray a muffin pan or have liners ready

-A-

1 1/4 cups  Any kind of Flour 
   ( I mix spelt sprout flour, whole wheat sprout flour or  white whole wheat) 
1/4 cup      Almond Flour 
1 cup          Turbinado (Raw)Sugar
1 tsp           Baking Powder
1 tsp           Baking Soda
1/4 tsp       Salt
2 tsp           Pumpkin Pie Spice 

 -B-
1 cup        Pumpkin Purée (NOT Pumpkin pie filling)
1/4 cup    Grape Seeds Oil (or any kind of oil, like canola oil works well)
1/4 cup    Apple Sauce or mashed ripped banana
1/2 cup    Almond Milk (or any kind of milk, soy, coconuts, cashews..cow?)
1 TBS       Apple Cider Vinegar 
1 tsp         Vanilla Extract 

1. Shift the ingredients under -A- together. 

    I prefer using a clean plastic bag and put all dry ingredients together and shake them up!

2. Mix all the wet ingredients under -B- together.

3. Add the entire dry ingredient from 1. to 2.

 4. Using an ice-cream scooper, transfer mixture into a prepared muffin pan about 2 scoops each and bake them ABOUT 16 minutes. I always check about 2 minutes before suggested time so I won't over bake them. Remember, every oven is different!! 


Cool them on a baking lack and enjoy!


Here is another shot of my muffins that I made for Japanese Bazaar the other day. On this picture, I used Japanese turbinado sugar that make looks rumply. If using regular turbinado sugar, all those dots won't be there.  



I wind up making about 100 of them. I also baked up Green Tea Muffins as well and I got recipe from  this site. I've received really good compliments for both of muffins. They could not believe they are vegan! Really don't need  butter or high cholesterol eggs in our yummy muffins, plus it is less work. ;) 

Go Vegan!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment