Thursday, February 24, 2011

So I rolled...

Yesterday's post, I decided to make rolled sushi for packing for my boys' lunch today. So I tried, rolled and the whole procedure went pretty smooth. The 1st son even asked me, why don't I make it more often. However, they both liked it but they both admit that they like a simple cucumber skinnier roll (kappa-maki) is the best.

This roll covers protein and fiber part, like all in wrap kind of item. Original recipe used cucumber instead of lettuce, modification wasn't too bad at all. I like cooking because you can always modified the recipe how you like it, what's convenience to us. So don't afraid start cooking! :)

Anyways, tips for packing bento is...separate food from touching each other-I used a wax paper between sliced apple and sushi, and don't leave any space in the box. Because they have to travel, it can be rough ride, and all the items can be move around thus it can be pretty messy! Another thing, use different kind of color, means pretty much balanced meal. It will look pretty as well. ;)

Today, I have received a box from my mother who lives in Japan. It was a treasure! Everyone in our family got brightened. She puts some of my favorite snacks and dry food for us. I will use one of item to make boys' lunch for tomorrow, "onigiri"(rice balls) so classic for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment